Ovations Plus officially launched on September 20, 2023, bringing an enhanced fine arts experience to the NWA community.
Art appreciation is best started early in life and continued throughout. Performing arts expose audiences to others’ experiences. It encourages inclusion and helps both young and old grow their own potential. Everyone belongs!
Creativity is at the core of all we do. We encourage our community to practice courageous creativity with compassion, perspective, and integrity.
Ovations was created with the mission to advance a more inclusive, vibrant, and prominent NWA/Delta region by unifying small, performing arts organizations into a single, well-resourced arts champion better equipped to deliver culture-changing initiatives.
Tricycle Theatre for Youth (Trike) was established in 2007.
- More than 30,000 children and their families annually across Northwest Arkansas and beyond have been a part of productions, year-round theatre instruction, teacher professional development, and programs in schools.
- The mission of Trike Theatre programming is to help young people find their/they’re ‘great’ through exceptional theatre experiences.
- Trike was founded by Kassie Misiewicz, who continues to be a creative force with Ovations, bringing the 360 Theatre Experience to life across NWA and beyond.
Claiming its name in 2010, the Arkansas Philharmonic Orchestra (APO) has been around since 2008 under the direction of Maestro Steven Byess.
- The APO performs large masterworks and pops concerts with a contemporary twist.
- We collaborate with regional and global organizations to present art in unexpected ways—often to unexpecting audiences.
- APO features largely local, professional musicians, world-class guest soloists, and—a point of pride—musical education opportunities for local youth.
Ovations will continue to offer high-quality programs that our communities have come to appreciate since 2008 with Trike and APO.
- Ovations believes an art-filled community creates a thriving cultural landscape where communities flourish and all individuals are welcomed.
- We plan to grow our administrative capabilities to enhance the impact and reach of our programs, to support individual artists and deliver exceptional performances, and to help other emerging performing arts organizations.
Our team is made up of the same people you know who so passionately served with Trike Theatre and APO. We know the importance of maintaining that drive as we transition to becoming Ovations.
Shannon R. Miller
Dr. Kerry Moll
Answers to some of the most common questions we have gotten as this merger has begun. If you have other questions, please contact our team!
The merger of APO and Trike brings together two exceptional teams in the performing arts, which amplifies our impact while maximizing the value of our community’s support. By integrating the expertise of both organizations, we are poised to create an even greater positive impact than before. This union leverages the unique strengths of each brand to fortify our collective efforts, resulting in a stronger, more efficient, and highly effective entity.
The name of the new organization will be Ovations Plus (Ovations+), however, APO and Trike logos and names will be linked to the music and theatre programs respectively. Rest assured, the exceptional APO and Trike programs you cherish will not only persist after the merger but will get even better.
APO and Trike programs will remain intact. The transformations underway are primarily behind the scenes – streamlined processes and strengthened coordination – all designed to amplify the effectiveness of our initiatives and empower our dedicated team members to make an even bigger impact in NWA.
BECOME A FRIEND OF OVATIONS
Your involvement with Ovations provides incredible experiences for all involved in theatre and the orchestra. Donations, no matter the size, will always make an impact.